Friday, January 4, 2008

Yet another fête

Last Friday (see, I'm catching up with my posts!) we hosted a holiday open house. Not one for Christams or New Year's parties, this was right up my alley. No worries that people would be busy, no pressure for people to have to decide which party to attend. It was simply a nice way to see everyone and wish them a slightly belated Merry Christmas and a barely premature happy New Year. People came and went all night long and we had a great time. So great, in fact, that we didn't even notice that it was 2:30 in the morning when we finished our final round of Catchphrase (my new favorite game). So great that I forgot to take pictures once the party started, yet again. So great that I slept in until about 4:00 the next afternoon (if I never drink another cosmopolitan it will be too soon!).

1 comment:

alyssa said...

Ah, everything looked so beautiful! I'm so sorry we missed it!