Friday, January 4, 2008

Coming soon to a concert hall near you

Sure, we all have them. The Christmas party before Christmas when the whole family gets together for food, gifts, a visit from Santa and a surprise performance.
It all started with the Advent calendar. Gabe said that we should learn to play "Little Drummer Boy" on the drums one night. Then he said that I should sing. Next came the suggestion that we should perform for the family party. Hmmm...this was getting serious. Practice we did. I sang my heart out to the point of receiving a text message from the neighbors downstairs making holiday requests. With only days before the performance, Gabe decided that we should have my mom join us on the flute.
And so the band was formed. We practiced for hours. We played, we laughed, my mom said to me, "you used to sing so well". With Gabe on the snare, mom on the flute, and I on the floor tom and performing lead vocals, a new band was formed. The VonTrapp family we are not. Here are some shots from the performance. We're already brainstorming next year's number.

And some more highlights:

Poses in front of the buggy (unfortunately the horse was too grumpy to give rides that evening)


Making snow

A visit from Santa

No comments: