Monday, January 28, 2008

Dear Diary,

I find much inspiration from many of the blogs I read regularly. Some for their incredible style, some for their witty sensibilities, and some purely for their ability to make words so effortlessly flow into melodic and thought-provoking journals of everyday observations and revelations. Such is the case with Marta, author of the aptly named M. Writes. She has this amazing ability to take the same English language of which I am so fond and turn it into something so eloquent and beautiful as opposed to my choppy and, well, rather basic style. And, not only is she a great writer, but proving once again that the right hemisphere of the brain functions at an awkwardly high level for some, she is also wonderfully creative. In an attempt to have some of her creativity flow in this direction, I ordered one of her mini diaries last week. How giddy was I upon arriving home tonight to find this little package of goodies awaiting me! Page one - complete! It wasn't too terribly difficult. I might even keep this up! I'm hoping that being provided with a "fill-in" will curb the usual intimidation I feel when faced with that daunting "blank page". And so it begins, my new life as a diary keeper. Let's see how long this lasts.

3 comments:

madge said...

love your handwriting!

marta said...

what a doll you are! thank you for your thoughtful words. i love seeing this dear diary page, in your cursive. thank you for posting it. enjoy jotting the details. xo.

alyssa said...

I love this diary idea!