Wednesday, October 3, 2007

My name is Mimi, and I'm a Negative Nelly

I've been in a bit of a "funk of negativity" lately. Maybe it's the change of the weather or that it is getting dark so much earlier, or perhaps just the fact that I have been thinking so much about how quickly time is passing and that every time I turn around the days have faded into months and I haven't done even one tenth of the things I have set out to do. Regardless, it's time for some positive thinking. I have decided to make a list of 25 things that make me happy. Here goes, in no particular order:

  1. Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Swiss Almond ice cream
  2. Gabe
  3. stepping on crunchy fallen leaves
  4. a clean house
  5. new magazines, particularly Real Simple, Cooking Light, MS Weddings, Domino, and Blueprint
  6. Chachi and Nacho (the kitties)
  7. sleeping in, but not too late
  8. cooking
  9. feeling creative
  10. Marc Jacobs bags
  11. receiving mail (good mail!)
  12. sitting on the beach
  13. spending time on Underhill Lane
  14. watching re-runs of Beverly Hills 90210 (a ridiculously guilty pleasure found on the soap opera channel)
  15. Cable TV (a relatively new addition to our house)
  16. planning parties for anyone, for any reason
  17. Williams-Sonoma
  18. my sister
  19. Paris
  20. red painted toenails
  21. a fresh haircut
  22. being a Palmer
  23. my iPod
  24. Natalie
  25. crystal doorknobs

Wow, that was surprisingly simple. I could go on for another 50, no problem! I guess everybody needs to step back and change focus every once in a while. Here's to a more positive outlook!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, SERIOUSLY- I rank AFTER Williams Sonoma and 90210. The Marc Jacobs bag I understand. I don't buy the no particular order comment for a minute. Nat, I'd be even more pissed if I were you. You rank after her fake toe nail.:)
-love, you sister

gjp said...

I'm her husband and I rank after ice cream??

Natalie Moser Photography said...

Well, at least I know where I rank... crystal doorknobs, huh?? At least I know what to get you for Christmas... Thanks for the thought Sar... at least I made the list. ;) Seriously though, Love you- Nat

Natalie Moser Photography said...

Just realized how many times I said "at least" in that comment... geez...

Anonymous said...

Nat, you're awful generous with the crystal knobs for Christmas. All I'm getting her is some recycled Williams Sonoma catalogs and some Swiffer pads to clean her floors.- Oh, and I'll be sure to send those in the mail. :)