Monday, October 1, 2007

The "Happiest Place on Earth", well, almost

Ever since Gabe's comment about my negative postings, I have been apprehensive to say anything that could be in any way perceived as complaining. (Have you noticed I haven't posted in a few days!) Well this weekend we went to the happiest place on earth, and you know what, it was not the happiest of days! Not because Disneyland is not truly a wonderful place, but because I woke up with a pinched nerve in my neck and could not move my head to the left, not even a little bit. That's right, I spent all week bragging about Space Mountain and the Matterhorn and I couldn't even ride them. (By the way, we had free tickets or of course we would have stayed home! I'm not paying $61 to go in and just walk around!)

We were able to go on a few rides that involved very little neck movement like the Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean, so all was not in vane. Not to mention the fact that for October, the whole park is decorated for Halloween so it is actually quite fun just to walk around and take it all in. All in all, not my best time at Disneyland, but even when you're writhing in pain, it's pretty difficult to be grumpy at the Magic Kingdom.

If I look a bit awkward, it's only because I couldn't move my head!

1 comment:

alyssa said...

That stinks that you pinched a nerve on Disneyland day! Sounds like you made the best of it despite being in pain. We were there on Sunday and saw Eric from afar... :)