Monday, September 24, 2007

Date Night

A funny thing happens when you have kids- it's called date night. Not having kids of my own, this is a totally foreign concept. What do you mean you have to schedule time together? I don't think my sister and her husband have gone to a movie together alone in over 2 years! (No, Disney movies with the kids don't count!) And forget about the 4 of us going out together, it seems someone always has to stay home with the kids. Not this weekend. Date night was in full force. Adult restaurant, adult drinks, adult conversation, and not a pacifier or Thomas Train in sight.
Am I selfish to cherish all of my alone time with my husband? Maybe. And one day I know we, too, will have to schedule our alone time. Until then, however, it's date night whenever and wherever we want and I love it!

1 comment:

casey said...

welcome new Enjoy! blog!! :) I think I will enjoy reading about your life's musings, as much as your weddings/parties ideas!