Tuesday, November 27, 2007

So thankful

It was yet another fabulous feast on Underhill Lane. It seems that with each passing year I take these celebrations more to heart and truly reflect on what it means to be part of such an amazing family. You see, some things go without saying; the food will be exceptional, the house will be chaotic and over crowded (over 20), Mom will go above and beyond by not only making two pumpkin pies from scratch, but also a boysenberry cobbler, Dad and I will wash way too many dishes, the kids will be screaming, someone will be crying, and "Bunches of Fun" will be played. But what changes each year is the ever growing feeling of attachment I have to this holiday. This is the one holiday that I can say has remained the same for my entire life. When my grandmother passed away, my mom picked up where she left off. It is simply perfect every year. Sure, different family members and friends may come each year and this year we knocked the famous fruit salad off the menu, but the familiar feeling is one of comfort and stability. Spending this time with my family makes my year complete and I am thankful.

1 comment:

alyssa said...

Lovely post, Mimi! And fun game too!